I am an NRI and want to know if it's possible to nominate someone to sign the registration documents while buying a property, as I am not physically present in Mumbai, where the property is located.


Answered on November 15, 2017
  • share
  • The right to admit execution of a document before the registration authorities can be granted to someone by way of a Power of Attorney. An NRI can execute such Power of Attorney before the Indian embassy at the place where such NRI resides and forward such Power of Attorney to India for adjudication and payment of stamp duty and thereafter, such Power of Attorney can be used to admit execution on behalf of the NRI by the Attorney (Nominated person) under the Power of Attorney.

      facebook twitter linkdin