I own a property along with my brother and I want the property in my wife's name after the distribution, my family is also on my side but my brother is not agreeing, what can I do?


Answered on November 09, 2017
  • share
  • You would have to seek partition of the property from a civil court, if the property cannot be divided in metes and bounds, then it would have to be sold and the sale proceeds distributed accordingly. Alternatively, you could always transfer your share in the flat in favour of your wife by way of a Gift Deed.
      facebook twitter linkdin