I own two flats in Mumbai. One is in Kandivali in my name, and the other is in Goregaon in my wife's name. I want to buy another flat, ideally in whose name should this flat be bought?


Answered on November 09, 2017
  • share
  • If you own both the properties, then the propety held by you in name of your wife in Goregaon is a Deemed Let Out Property (DLOP) in your income by applying clubbing provisions of Income Tax Act. The ideal way to purchase new property is to gift the amount of sale consideration to your wife and then she can purchase the property in her own name then the same can be considered as Self Occcupied Property by her.
      facebook twitter linkdin