My wife and I do not have any ancestral property, we just have one flat that was bought from our salary income. We are senior citizens now and want this flat to be transferred to our daughter's anem. We have also financially supported our two sons in buying their flats. Now do we need to execute an explicit concurrence with our sons or can we directly transfer this property to our daughter's name?


Answered on November 09, 2017
  • share
  • You could gift the Flat to your daughter, if your two sons agree and can join them as confirming parties in such gift deed. However, if they object for such gifting of the flat in view of their having paid monies to you for acquiring the flat, then it will depend on whether such monies were given as loan or whether the same were paid to the seller at the time of acquiring such flat.
      facebook twitter linkdin