We are planning to buy a flat that is under construction. The seller has completed the payment till 80% of the value and the other 20% is to be paid by the builder whenever it is due. The seller is an NRI and he has already furnished the power or attorney for this project. My queries is that Can the builder claim the 20% as this flat is being transferred (the amount is not due yet)? Also, what would be the taxes to be considered as the owner is an NRI, will I also have to deduct TDS?


OR


Answered on November 09, 2017
  • share
  • Since there is balance amount to be paid under the agreement with the Builder, the NOC from the Builder will be required for concluding the sale. However, the Builder cannot demand the balance 20% amount if it is not due, merely because the buyer desires to sell the flat.
      facebook twitter linkdin